Friday, November 25, 2005

Welcome To Bogie's Blog

This is my first effort at creating a space to vent the things that are going on in my life, and I welcome you to my journey of faith and consequence. Stories of people in my life are constantly occuring and I am a reflective person, and a this blog will give me sometime to reflect my expeirences in the drama of life.
Let me introduce myself: I'm 44 on the border of boomer - buster/survivor. I was born in California, moved to Minnesota when I was 11 and grew up from there in Little House on the Praire country. I had encounter with God when I was 14 that changed my life, and set an agenda for the rest of my life. I felt a call of God to go into the ministry at age 16. Graduated High School, and went to North Central University in Minneapolis and graduated with a Pastoral Theology degree. I met my wife of 22 years at my home church in Blue Earth Minnesota, and we dated three years before getting married the spring break of my Senior year in College. I began my full-time ministry at 23 years of age in Jackson Michigan in 1983, and in 1984 moved to Downriver Detroit and was there from October 1984 to Feb 1987. In March of 1987 we moved to Painesville Ohio, on the Northeast side of Cleveland Ohio. Served at the Painesville Assembly of God as staff as Associate Pastor, and then from there planted a church in 1993 called Willow Praise Church. The adventure continues as I journey as Pastor of Willow Praise church these 12 years.
I have one child, Hans who was a miracle born in Feb of 1999 - and currently in 1st grade.

5 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger swampbranch said...

This is an interesting medium. I'm not sure what the difference is between a blog and a webpage other than it seems there are invitations for people to comment throughout versus "Visitor Comments" for a webpage.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger qwd said...

Has anyone ever commented to you that you come across as a bit pompus and like you are trying to be a famous minister but are hiding it just a bit?

There is some arrogance in this bro. But hey we all have something to learn and something to let go of.

Max

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Bogenrief said...

hey
we have one now too
see yeah
BFB

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger bill4Him said...

HUH?

What are U saying?
What do U have one of?
What does BFB mean?

Am I dense?

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger brotherfromanothermother said...

yo larry why don't yu update this page ever?

isn't this getting kind of old.
like yu? lol.

what's the news dude?

where are some fresh pics?

GBU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home